Have you integrated energy efficiency measures into your building or manufacturing facility? Have you implemented sustainable manufacturing practices into your operations? GreenCircle offers the following Buildings and Operations Certifications to verify these achievements and assist you in communicating them to the marketplace:
- A carbon footprint is the total amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases emitted by a facility. GreenCircle will certify an organizationís claim for carbon footprint reduction based on a detailed analysis of the organizationís operations, energy consumption, energy efficiency improvements, renewable energy use, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Many organizations are integrating renewable energy systems into their buildings and operations to reduce life cycle impacts. The use of renewable energy can reduce the embodied energy of a product and the organizationís carbon footprint. If the company still has ownership of its Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), GreenCircle can certify the carbon footprint reduction associated with this renewable energy use.
- Sustainable manufacturing integrates practices that reduce the environmental impacts of the manufactured product. It can include closed-loop and industrial ecology processes; internal recycling of waste; reduction of waste and emissions; water conservation; and energy efficiency practices.
- Waste Diversion from Landfill demonstrates an organizationís commitment to the responsible management of end-of-life materials. Due to the increasing demand for corporate reporting, green building codes and standard requirements, Waste Diversion from Landfill is becoming a critical sustainable performance measure. GreenCircle will validate zero waste or a percentage of waste a company or manufacturing facility diverts from landfill.
Benefits of Buildings and Operations Certifications
- Recognition: The GreenCircle mark demonstrates building performance improvements and distinguishes your building within todayís progressive marketplace. Even buildings that may not qualify for ENERGY STAR certification can be recognized for ongoing energy improvements and carbon footprint reduction measures.
- Green Marketing: Todayís educated consumers have become much more selective, and third-party certification can be vital in attracting and retaining occupants.
- Financial Benefits: Studies have shown that third-party certification of buildings generates increased occupancy rates and rental premiums. Operational improvements also provide significant ongoing cost savings to building owners.
- Building Portfolio: Benchmarking an entire portfolio helps you evaluate overall performance to better prioritize opportunities and allocate resources. Utilizing comprehensive benchmarking, performance can be measured, managed and compared.
- Credibility: GreenCircle is an internationally recognized third-party certification body. Our rigorous evaluation process provides trusted transparency that ensures environmental claims are valid.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: According to the 2012 Cone Green Gap Trend Tracker, ď84 percent of Americans hold companies accountable for producing and communicating the results of CSR commitments by going beyond the mission to robustly communicate progress against well-defined purpose.Ē GreenCircle Certification assures accountability in corporate sustainability reporting.
- Sustainable Supply Chain: Third-party certification can help you meet your customersí Sustainable Supply Chain requirements.
- LEED Credits: Existing buildings that are seeking LEED certification can achieve Energy and Atmosphere Credit 6 by obtaining third-party certification for the carbon footprint reduction.
For More Information
Connect with GCC on: