GreenCircle will certify an organization’s claim for carbon footprint reduction based on a detailed analysis of the organization’s operations, energy consumption, energy efficiency improvements, renewable energy use, and greenhouse gas emissions. Certification can cover reductions in Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions as defined by the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol.
- Objective: To certify total reduction in CO2 emissions for manufacturing processes, buildings or companies.
- Carbon Footprint: The level of carbon dioxide generated by a process, building, or in the production of a product.
- Scope 1 Emissions: All direct GHG emissions.
- Scope 2 Emissions: All indirect emissions, such as the extraction and production of purchased electricity, heat or steam.
- Scope 3 Emissions: Other indirect emissions, such as the extraction and production of purchased materials and fuels, transport-related activities in vehicles not owned or controlled by the reporting entity, electricity-related activities not covered in Scope 2, outsourced activities, waste disposal, etc.
- Reference Documents: The Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHG Protocol); the IPCC Guidelines; and ISO 14064: Greenhouse Gases: Parts 1-3.
Company: CertainTeed Ceilings
Product: Ceiling Tiles
Certification: Carbon Footprint Reduction
“Reducing our carbon footprint is one of our key sustainability goals. GreenCircle was instrumental in evaluating our carbon footprint and verifying the carbon reductions achieved at the manufacturing facility. Our industry requires credibility, an important attribute for our brand. GreenCircle certification has helped us meet this market need.”
Director of Marketing
For More Information
Email AshLee Eustace to request Our Certification Guidelines:
Connect with GCC on: