GreenCircle will conduct a detailed evaluation of the product and manufacturing operations, to verify and certify recycled content claims on a per plant, per product basis. GreenCircle will verify sources of recycled materials and distinguish recycled content by pre- and post-consumer content within the supply chain.
- Objective: Certify products for total recycled content based on pre- and post-consumer recycled content definitions.
- Recycled Content: Comprised of pre-consumer and/or post-consumer material that is used as a raw material in the manufacture of products.
- Pre-Consumer Recycled Content: Material diverted from the waste stream during a manufacturing process. Excluded is reutilization of materials such as rework, regrind or scrap generated in a process and capable of being reclaimed with the same process that generated it.
- Post-Consumer Recycled Content: Material generated by households or by commercial, industrial and institutional facilities in their role as end-users of the product which can no longer be used for its intended purpose. This includes returns of material from the distribution chain.
- Reference Documents: ISO 14021, Definition of Recycled Content; FTC Green Guides.
Company: Regupol America
Product: Rubber Flooring and Turf Underlayment
Certification: Recycled Content
“This kind of voluntary certification program is a welcome step. It helps us because it documents what we’ve been doing all along. It strengthens our brand among our existing customers and gives us a competitive point of differentiation to appeal to prospective customers.”
President & CEO
For More Information
Email AshLee Eustace to request Our Certification Guidelines:
Connect with GCC on: